Some Android users have reported receiving the error message “restricted access changed voice service is blocked” on their notification panel, accompanied by the inability to make calls.
This error message typically appears on Moto G, Moto X, Nexus, and other similar phones and usually disappears automatically after a few seconds. This error message is a network-related issue, not a problem with the phone itself.
In this guide, we will explore possible solutions to help you resolve the error message on your Android device.
Steps To Fix ‘Restricted Access Changed Voice Service Is Blocked’ Error
Ensure that there is no official solution for the “restricted access changed voice service is blocked” error message, so the following steps are based on suggestions and trial-and-error methods. Let’s go through the process of resolving the error message on an Android smartphone.
Choose Prefered Network Type
To resolve the “restricted access changed voice service is blocked” error message on your Android smartphone:
- Go to the App drawer on your phone.
- Navigate to Settings > Network Settings.
- Select “Mobile Networks”.
- Set the Preferred Network type based on what your phone and carrier support (e.g. 2G, 3G, or 4G).
- Restart your phone and try making calls.
By following these steps, you should no longer receive the error message when making calls.
Wipe Phone’s Dialer Cache & Data
Well, if the previous solution doesn’t fix the “restricted access changed voice service is blocked” error on your Android phone, try the steps below.
- Go to your Android app drawer.
- Find the “Apps” section and click on it.
- Identify which dialer app is active, either “Dialer” or “Phone”.
- Force stop the app and clear its data and cache.
- Restart your Android phone and the error message should be resolved.
Reset Wi-Fi, Mobile & Bluetooth Settings.
Rewrite: If the error message “restricted access changed voice service is blocked” is caused by invalid settings, then resetting WiFi, mobile, and Bluetooth settings on your Android phone can be a solution. Here’s how:
- Go to your Android app drawer
- Navigate to Settings > System
- Find and select the “Reset Options”
- Choose “Reset WiFi, mobile, and Bluetooth” And that’s it!
This should resolve the error message by resetting your phone’s network settings.
Reinsert SIM card
Well, the error message “restricted access changed voice service is blocked” can also arise from network errors. To resolve this issue, simply remove the SIM card, restart your Android phone, and reinsert the SIM card. After turning on the device, make a call and the error message should no longer appear.